Global Collaboration: Modern Pen Pals

Video Pen-pals

Global Collaboration via Level Up Village has made an impact on my students!  It all started in the fall of 2015 on the side lines of my son's soccer game.  When I first heard about Level Up Village, I was intrigued and wanted to try it with my class!  But, at the time, LUV's offerings were related to science and technology, and since I am an English teacher, the courses didn't fit. So, the solution was to create my own course that related to literature I was using in my classroom already!  So, that's what I did!



Read "Creating Meaningful Global Connections"--the article I wrote about my first experience with Global Collaboration (and why English teachers should try it)on Edutopia.org.

The experience was so positive and contagious that Greenwich Time ran an article about it!  And, much to my surprise, when googling my name, I found that someone blogged about my article and their own experience with global collaboration.  I hope this means more and more teachers are willing to try it.

This course was such a success with my students that I wrote a second course and piloted it with my students that same year.  Check out Global Collaboration:  "The Giver" course here which helps students examine issues that the United States faces while discussing and comparing issues that their global partners face in their country. At the end of this course, we were able to Skpe with our global partners in Kenya!  Read about it here.  One of my favorite articles that showcases the impact of this global collaboration was written by Alexis Kedo after her experience teaching the course in Kenya.  Be sure to read her experience

Are you considering trying a global exchange?  Check out the "I am Malala" course here and even see an example exchange video!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The World's Largest Lesson Plan: My Summer PD

Author and Storyteller David Neilsen visits!

Conversations with Zimbabwe: Developing a Global Mindset