Author and Storyteller David Neilsen visits!

What a treat for myself and my students!

Middle Grades author David Neilsen visited our class to talk about how he gets inspired to write and what images specifically inspired him to write his two books:  Dr. Fell and the Playground of Doom and Beyond the Doors!

Being a master storyteller, David captivated students with his varied voices and surprising expressions!  The students laughed, oooed, ahhhed, and really stretched their imaginations creating stories based on some of the surprising images David presented to them.  He even wore a purple hat just like his main character, Dr. Fell.

When I asked if I should have David come back next year to visit my new 6th graders, I got an emphatic "Yes!  Definitely!  He was AWESOME!" and I couldn't agree more!

Check out more about David, his books, and his storytelling on his website











Comments

  1. This is fabulous, I'm so glad you shared this. I hear so much about your class from Keaton, he loves it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The World's Largest Lesson Plan: My Summer PD

Conversations with Zimbabwe: Developing a Global Mindset